Badam Milk is one of the most-served milk types in India. The beauty of this milk is that it can be served hot and cold as well. There are wide varieties of Badam flavor Mixes available in the market but nothing beats the taste and freshness that is made at home.
Every mom wishes to serve this milk to their kids every day, given its health benefits.
Earlier, aspiring bodybuilders and pro bodybuilders consumed a minimum of one-liter badam milk every day early in the morning before they start the exercise. This was the only source of protein in those days before supplements were introduced to the market.
Top leading beverage manufacturing units started producing Badam Milk for its huge consumption in India. Simply Almonds from Coca-Cola, Quaker Oats Milk with Almonds flavor from PepsiCo, Heritage, Amul, MTR, and the list goes on.
Industries have also made this product available in the form of ready-made instant mix powder. All you need to do is mix it with hot milk and it is ready to serve.
Almond Milk came into lime lite when Vegans started to consume it as their main source of calcium. Again, the top beverage units have lined up their products selling Almond Milk.
The primary health benefits of Almonds and their importance of consuming daily in India are the only reason behind the top players in the market and brand competition.
Why is it so important to have Badam/Almonds(in any form) every day?
- It controls the blood pressure
- It packs essential Fiber, Minerals, and Nutrients
- It lowers the Cholesterol levels
- It helps in Healthy Brain Development. Especially for kids.
- It boosts Immune and Energy levels
Given the benefits and importance in India, it is always suggested to consume Badam/Almonds every day in any form.
While you decide to consume Almonds every day, my efforts in writing this article and a video to show how to make Badam Milk at home is to enjoy the fresh Badam Milk at home than consuming the Badam Milk available in the market mixed with preservatives.
It is as easy as preparing tea at home. Just make a paste of soaked almonds, mix it with milk and saffron, add sugar/honey and it is ready to serve.
Please watch the video below to know how to make Badam Milk at home.
I hope you liked reading this article. You may like our other recipes on our blog.
Please Click Here to read more.
Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more tempting recipes.
How to make Badam Milk at home with step-by-step photos:
1. Soak a few badams overnight
2. Peel off the skin
3. Split them into two pieces for easy grinding
4. Add them to the grinder with some water
5. Grind it to a fine paste
6. Add 400 ml milk to a new pan, cook, and bring it to boil
7. Add the badam paste to the boiling milk
8. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 mins
9. Add some Saffron mixed with milk to the boiling milk
10. Add 4 tablespoons of sugar
11. Add a pinch of cardamom powder
12. Mix well and cook on low flame for 5 mins
13. Badam Milk is ready to serve
14. Garnish with crushed Badam and Pistachio
15. Enjoy the heavenly taste of Milk
Phool Makhana Kheer
Step by Step making process